So here are my notes after watching everyone's photo seminar exersise.
Henry
I found the film quite dark and sinister. CCTV like. There seemed to be a shift in perspective when the camera moved to the top of the building. Sound wise, the music was good and mirrored the style.
Todd
I found this film very surreal and symbolic. I liked the effect of light on dark, mirroring the contrast of life and death. The sound effect of the dong was effective, and I thought that this helped show the shock of death well. The composition was almost like you have been looking at something and then you have just shut your eyes.
Blaise
Clear narrative in this film. Good composition in places, I especially liked the breakfast table shot. Well put together. Audio wise, the music reminded me of a lullaby, which worked well with the main theme of tiredness in the film.
Atif
One of my favourite films. The fact pace worked very well with the music to create suspense on something that is usually just a menial thing. You felt as though he was in a race against time to get to the toilet before..well, you know what happens. The composition was good. I especially like the fact that the shots seemed like they had lots of energy. I also liked the shot of the feet under the toilet door as it implies what is happening without being too explicit.
Bindni
Clear narrative to this film. Nice music that worked well. Maybe a shift in the tone of the music would have worked to build anticipation a little more. Nice composition especially in the final shot showing a happy ending.
Jyoti
Nice pace, especially the morning shot of panic! Music nice, and the screech sound effect worked well, almost cutting through the music and implying death.
Andy
I liked the music and how it came in, like a car had driven past with the radio on and it stayed with us to be non-digetic. Happy upbeat music cuts to silence/dissapointment. Pathetic fallacy with the weather turning from snowy and grey to sunny when we are at home. The sound effects match this.
Ed
Fast paced. Good sound effect at end, distortion on photographs worked well, and the transition to blackness was good and showed that the person fell asleep.
Acip trip
Good compostion, especially liked the reflection shot taken in the mirror, and the bird head, switching points of view. Steady pace.
Jimmy
Good sound effects especially the knife, opera music worked well- dream like. Cliche music when sandwich is complete worked well showing that the character loves it.
Chris
The pace reminded me of a conversation with pictures. The audio level of the vocals was drowned out by the music, but it didn't matter because you only needed to pick up the odd word as the pictures told the story well enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment