Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Simulated Client Project


Well, I have finished my simulated client project! It is a thirty second advert for insect repellant. The idea was to have the viewer as the insect, which in the eventual case was a fly. The insect is watching as a man is trying to kill kill it. It escalates from him using a bit of paper, to a magazine, a frying pan, a baseball bat, a flame thrower and then a chain saw! Eventually he uses the Raid can... "The Kinder Killer"!!!

I had to shoot this commercial twice. The first attempt was not good enough to make the final ad. The story was not really very consistent, and I wasn't 100% happy with the way that the shots had turned out. I am glad that I shot it early, as there was a learning curve that I had to go through to get to the final product. I had time to re-plan the commercial, and of course re-shoot.

This was also my first time working with apple Color. This is a great new piece of software included in final cut studio 2. It pretty much allows you to do anything with the colour in your projects. I wanted to make the ad look quite dark and grungy, and make it look more like it was shot on film than on HD.

You can watch the ad HERE.

No comments: