Sunday, February 03, 2008

Apple Motion and Color


I have spent most of today working through "Motion: Revolutionary Motion Graphics" by Damian Allen. If anyone wants to learn Motion I would definitely recommend this book. There is a DVD that comes with it with project files that are ready for you to learn from. The problem is, I now have a newer version of Motion and it now does 3D!!! Will need to have a search online for some different tutorials.

Anyway, I managed to get through 195 pages today, about a third of the book. I am determined to finish it all within the next few days so that I can start using it properly to create some animations for the LIFT project. Once I have completed the Motion book, I will then go on to learning Color more thoroughly. I am impressed with the power of Color just from playing around with it so I think it will be very useful to know it inside out.

If you want the book, it is only $13 (£7ish) used on amazon...

or the new version (which I don't have) for Motion 3 ($31 used)

No comments: