All of the footage so far from the Lift shoots are captured! I have tried to start throwing some ideas that I have had into action, but it's sort of sporadic random busts of sections rather than a structure for the whole piece. I am still unsure how to start it. I have a time lapse of Stratford Station that might be an impressive start. Maybe when Andy has put some sound onto it it will inspire me. Whilst we were in London, he recorded our journey on the tube from Stratford back to the Lift office.
I have also cut together little pieces of the interview and vox pops subjects, made them black and white, slowed them down and faded them in and out from black. This seems to work nicely although needs some tweaking. I think that this will work nicely towards the end of the piece to go towards showing the enormity of the project and how the people involved are reflecting on the finished structure. I got this idea from (of all things) a music video. "Snow" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
You see, I have the ending in my head but it just needs a little more thought!
The music that Andy has written has also inspired me. When the synth (I guess?) hits in repeatedly, I was thinking about again fading in and out from black in order to create almost a crescendo mirroring the final struggle to get the Lift built. Then at the end, there it is in situ.
Thought I would blog this so that I remember it all.
Bye for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment